Your Safety

Danger from fire and poisonous gases go hand in hand with combustion systems; Poorly managed flues and chimneys are no exception to this. A badly maintained appliance, incorrectly installed or using the wrong fuel can dramatically increase the risk of your appliance producing dangerous carbon monoxide.

What are the dangers of a poorly managed flue or chimney?

  • Chimney fire leading to house fire
  • Carbon monoxide poisoning

What are the early symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning?

  • Headaches
  • Breathlessness
  • Nausea
  • Dizziness
  • Tiredness

These are just a few of the possible symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning and unfortunately a lot of these are similar to ailments associated with flu,viral infections,tiredness or fatigue.

What can I do to prevent these dangers?

The very first thing we can recommend is download the HETAS advice sheet on carbon monoxide. It provides a great deal advice and tips on ensuring your safety.

Carbon Advice Sheet

You will read in the ‘Protect yourself from carbon monoxide’ section the top bullet points mention having your appliance installed by a registered competent installer and maintained regularly. Chimneycure are experts and registered in both of these areas.

Please fill in the form below to find out more about how Chimneycure can help you:

No comments yet.

Leave a Reply